Sri Lanka Attorney General (AG) has moved to proscribe eleven Islamic organizations in Sri Lanka over links to extremist activities.
The AG’s Coordinating Officer State Counsel Nishara Jayaratne said the Islamic organizations were proscribed due to their links to extremist activities.
The organisations include the Sri Lanka Thawheed Jamaath.
The proscribed Islamic Organizations are as follows:
01. United Thowheeth Jama’ath – UTJ
02. Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – CTJ
03. Sri Lanka Thowheeth Jama’ath – SLTJ
04. All Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – ACTJ
05. Jamiyathul Ansaari Sunnathul Mohomadiya – JSM
06. Dharul Adhar @ Jamiul Adhar
07. Sri Lanka Islamic Student Movement – SLISM
08. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
10. Save the Pearls
11. Super Muslim
The move follows the Government’s decision in March to proscribe a number of Tamil diaspora groups, including some influential organizations