CH2M have been appointed to perform Site Supervision services on a number of regional water projects to include tunneling works.
• Administering contract requirements and deliverables of the Contractors
• Working closely with the Project Controls team
· Monitoring Contractor’s progress, with particular reference to financial matters, and advising on any legal or contractual issues that arise during the project i.e. disputes or variations
• Anticipation and warning on issues which may impact on targeted time or cost outcomes
• Review the contractor’s monthly payment applications and report with recommendations
• Assistance in reviewing cost loaded schedules and breakdown of amounts to establish payment milestones and procedures
• Evaluation of the cost impacts of changes and variations
• Assistance in preparation of daily, weekly and monthly progress reports
• Assistance in preparation and maintenance of financial records i.e. various cost reports
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• University Degree in QS or related field i.e. Engineering, civil, structural
• 10 years post graduate relevant experience in programme / project management and delivery of major projects
• Experience with tendering from within consultant organization.
• Relevant post-contract site supervision experience in the Middle East (infrastructure experience preferable)
• Large scale civils projects experience is preferred.
• Experience of FIDIC form of contract would be advantageous
· Middle East experience would be highly preferred.
· Accreditation from professional QS bodies would be highly preferred i.e. RICS, CIOB
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Fluent in written and oral English
· Extensive knowledge in costing tools
· A technical understanding of the project
· Ability to work in a dynamic team based on-site
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Have an attention to detail
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure to resolve issues against tight deadlines
· Excellent understanding of construction methods and materials
· Ability to manage finances
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· An organised and methodical approach to tasks
At CH2M, we’re always hard at work laying the foundation for human progress. This is especially true in our MENAI region, where we have a long history of delivering successful projects in the Water & Infrastructure sector. Our success in the region is due to the top talent that has joined our team, and in 2015, we were selected as one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Most InDemand Employers in MENA. This award, based on actual behavioural data of professionals as they engage with companies and explore their career path on LinkedIn, shows that our future teammates are drawn to our projects and values – not the least of which is our commitment to safety, which plays a leading role in how we engage with one another, our projects and our planet.
Join us today and learn how we turn challenges into opportunities.